Ordinary.
I have been thinking a lot about the ordinary lately and how grateful I am for those ordinary moments that mean so much.
making dinner
reading bedtime stories
listening to your teen tell how excited she is about drama class
reading bedtime stories
listening to your teen tell how excited she is about drama class
These are all things that happen regularly in our family. It would certainly be easy to rush through these moments without much thought. But when I do stop to think... I realize that these things are priceless gems of life and would be more rightly called extraordinary. There is something about ordinary things that makes your heart extra grateful.
Sometimes it takes being away from those ordinary happenings for a time before we realize what a treasure they are. It is easier to recognize the blessing of grocery shopping after one has relied on the generosity of others during a difficult time. Watching your little one run and play in the yard after he has been freed from a spica cast calls for rejoicing. Feeling the comfort of your husband sitting next to you in the church pew is a bit more meaningful after he has returned from military deployment.
Ordinary things... truly extraordinary.

No comments:
Post a Comment