Friday, October 18, 2013

Laundry, 5 Minute Friday

(Laughter)

Thinking about laundry either brings a smile or a tear. Today I choose to laugh.

I've discussed laundry more than once on my blog already. During most of those posts, I was definitely at the bottom of a mountainous pile. Has anything changed? Well, I am happy to report that yes it has! My dryer and washer are currently empty! (This certainly qualifies as a journal worthy moment.) Somehow I've grabbed this crazy household chore by the horns and have come out on top... at least temporarily. (I'm sure there is a mountain or 1,600 in my future.) But I'm celebrating a small victory!

What has changed since the time that laundry made me cry?

Two things really:
1) My kids have gotten older and I've given them the responsibility of folding and putting their own clothes away. (Confession-- my mama heart does compel me to fold it now and then.) But I leave the hard stuff to the kids. Throwing clothes in the washer and starting it is no sweat. Folding clothes and putting them in a drawer is a monumental task in comparison.
2) I recently got really strict with myself about time management, and I am churning out at least one load a day every weekday. Since I started substitute teaching, I'm working smarter at home just in case I get a call to work and won't have the time to "do it tomorrow."

(Chuckle)

Five Minute Friday

No comments: