In following up on the personal challenge that I shared yesterday, I did come across some great advice from Carol Tuttle, an energy therapist who has a program that identifies four types of people. Of my type (which is type 4) she says-
With their critical, keen eye, many TYPE 4 people put their attention on what’s not working more than on what is working. That tendency, when focused on what’s NOT working all the time, actually takes you out of balance.
But you get to take control of where you put your attention. So, each day, choose to focus your attention on what’s working in your life to create balance.
If you have to, start with focusing on the simple beauty all around you in nature. A blue sky, a sunset, a cool breeze. You get the idea.
Thank you, Carol, for not making me feel like a total schlup. Okay... so it's not that I'm doomed to be a horribly negative person, but that I need to train my "critical, keen eye" to see the many good things in my life. That's what I love about the gratitude journal that I am plugging away at.
Invitation: If you can relate to feeling like you are more critical than positive, watch the video 2 Key Tips for TYPE 4 People to Create More Balance in Life and start making changes that will help you feel more balance in your life.
Continue to Day 6, Thanks for the Ordinary.
For the introduction and list of daily topics for my project, go here.

No comments:
Post a Comment