We traditionally have a little "program" on Christmas Eve. Anyone in the family can share their talents in relation to Christmas. Olivia wrote a play that was a take off of "Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel." She and Faith were Chipettes (I believe their names were Beyonce and Hannah,) and they sang their Chrismtas wish lists during the theatrics.

Then we got down to the real meaning of Christmas with our reading of Luke 2 about Christ's birth and the children acting out the Nativity story. Dave set it up really neat this year in that he read certain verses and then had us sing different carols in between. Faith and Paul were Mary and Joseph. Olivia was an angel. And Seth a shepherd. We are lucky to have gotten a picture of Seth with his head dress on.


Christmas morning came later than expected- I think it was after 7am when everyone got up. But then probably had something to do with the kids not sleeping well during the night. I swear that Olivia was in our room every 45 minutes with some sort of comment about not being able to sleep or asking what time they were allowed to go downstairs. So I'm really glad that it wore her out as well as Dave and I. Santa added to the wii collection with Rock Band and a Pet Shop game. Seth got his own vacuum which is too adorable, but still not as good as the real thing as far as he is concerned. We were happy to have Poppy, Dave's dad, with us for the holiday and he really appreciated my sort of homemade apple pie. (I didn't make the crust.)


Have a mentioned what happened to the Christmas tree? Well, Seth was naturally very attracted to the ornaments and I would find several on the floor daily. I would just hang them up higher, and higher... until finally the bottom half of the tree was bare. I was anxious to put the tree away for the year in hopes that next year Seth might better understand the word "no." As you can see Dave got a "kick" out of it.

Time to join the family for some New Year's Eve fun and games. And just 4 more hours until my project 365 will be in full swing. I set up a blog specifically for my photo a day and you can find it here- 365, A Year in the Life
1 comment:
lol on dad gettng a cick out of that
Post a Comment