Monday, December 28, 2009

He Speaks!

Seth REALLY speaks!

Up until now, 20 month old Seth would just said a word here and there- "hi" and "dog" to name two. The trend is that he'll say something (or at least we will think he said something) but never be able to truly confirm our suspicions because he does not repeat the word with any consistency.

Enter bananas.



This little monkey loves bananas! One morning I grabbed some bananas from the counter and didn't say anything. I did NOT say "look Seth...it's a banana...ba..na..na...banana." Nope, not this time. I was silent as I broke off a banana from the bunch. Imagine my surprise when I heard "nana!" and then "nana...nana!" My little one said a word without any coaxing, and he said it more than once! I was already extremely happy that one of my children was willing to eat something from the fruit group, but to hear my baby say the name of a fruit was almost too much!

I figured that when I told the family about this miracle and set up for a repeat performance that Seth would clam up and make me look a fool. But he gladly says "nana" anytime he sees one!


Three cheers for Seth!
Three cheers for nanas!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah, Seth!

Kristi said...

So cute!
My little ones love nanas too!
Yeah Seth!