A big highlight of our visit was getting to know 2 year old Jane (Matt and Ella's daughter.) Last time we saw her she was a baby. Now she's a big girl and loved playing with her cousins. Faith had been looking forward to this trip for so long and couldn't wait to see her cousin playmate Aubrey (Andy and Sara's daughter) who is also four and has a fun little bro and sis- Caleb and Aubrey. We wish Nate and Paris could have been there to make the gathering complete.
We enjoyed a delicious feast(thanks Mom!), the traditional "stuff the turkey" with blessings activity and played lots of games including Quiddler, Guess Who, and Cranium. (Got to find Cranium Jr. for Christmas!) The turkey race was a flop- I guess Mormons just really aren't meant to gamble.
I didn't take a lot of pictures. I think I was considering myself "on break." But here are a few...
Jane and Faith playing hide-and-seek

Ring-around-the-rosie with Aunt Judy

Reading the blessings from the stuffed turkey

Ella and Matt

Seth and Grandma G

And I want to share a little traditon we have been doing for a few years now. On a Family Night before Thanksgiving we each make a page of what we are thankful for and then combine the pages into a little book. As the children grow, it is going to be fun to look back to see what the children were thankful for.


4 comments:
We sure loved seeing you!!! I laughed, as did Andy, while reading your car story.
thank you for illuminating the REALITY of long car rides.
last summer... tried to teach the kids some fun girls camp songs on the long drive to cali... not ONE PERSON would sing along.
bunch of ingrates.
Loved the pictures, it's neat seeing everyone all grown up with kids of their own.
The book is a great idea!
Car rides are hard, esp. around the holidays. Glad we're done with that for now.
Have a happy day!
Fun post. I like that you got a picture of Jane and Faith hiding. I really like your thankful book idea. I'm glad we got to get together!
Post a Comment