Friday, December 26, 2008

What Christmas Looks Like

So sorry. I know most people have moved on to topics of the new year and resolutions. But I need to squeeze in one last Christmas post for documentary purposes.

These are some of the Christmas things around our place that we enjoy each year.

a felt advent calendar


Christmas cards from loved ones hanging on a ribbon


a new ornament chosen by each child for our "eclectic" Christmas tree



and, of course, the nativity scene (which I almost forgot this year until I read If You're Missing Baby Jesus. I wasn't just missing Him, but the whole set! For shame!


a snack for santa



and pomanders, a favorite gift for friends and teachers

4 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

and suddenly i'm craving a sugar cookie.

guess i'll settle for an oreo instead. i mean, i could pass altogether, but that would just be ridiculous.

Ella said...

I LOVE advent calendars. And those oranges look awesome!

Melanie said...

We've never done the pomanders, I'll have to add that to my Christmas notebook.

I have a post much like this one. (Christmas around the house). It should be nice to look back at. I think yours is very timely. I'll be lucky if mine hits the blog by the end of Jan. :)

The Griner Family: said...

I love the way you take pictures. You pictures make Christmas seem extra fancy! We sure did miss you guys and hope you had a great New Years!