Thursday, December 25, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

Dave had to work Christmas Eve and got off on Christmas Day around 7:30 am. Much to the kids disappointment, I made them stay upstairs till Dave got home so he wouldn't miss the Santa surprise fun. We called Dave every ten minutes or so starting at 6:30am to see if he was coming home yet. He told Olivia that the guy who was going to replace him called work to see if he could get a couple extra hours to spend opening presents with his family. Dave said it would probably be 9:30 before he got home. I had my speech all planned- the nerve of that guy- his family should have made arrangements knowing his work schedule-- like WE did for Dave, etc and so forth. Well, I found out my rehearsed tirade wasn't going to be necessary. Dave was just kidding. Dave snuck in the back door and was on the couch when the kids came downstairs after I said I guess we'd go on without him.

Here are the kids coming downstairs and Faith excited to see her Daddy.





Poor 8 month old Seth with a 12 month old body was stuffed into a Santa suit fit for a 6 month old. I promise that we let him out after a few minutes.


There was a little excitement when the kids spotted the wii left by Santa on the kitchen table.



And of course there were other goodies to enjoy, including our new pet "i-dog."







I'm grateful to have spent this morning with my dear family and for each one of them.

3 comments:

The Griner Family: said...

How fun!!! We are glad you had a fun Christmas!! Jealous about the wii!!! Maybe we will get one next year!! Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!

Ella said...

That looks awesome! I am sure they will be having tons of fun with that!