Saturday, December 25, 2010

I gave in.



Remember that genius idea I had about NOT getting a photo of all four kids together because it was going to be much easier to just get singles? Well, all those Christmas cards of happy, smiling siblings made me rethink my original plan. The peer pressure was too much. Yesterday morning I woke with a great desire to get all four of my cherubs in the same frame. I let them know early on that this was going to happen and that it was going to be easy- nothing fancy- yet I would like them to wear a red, green or white shirt. (Which in the end didn't matter- ha.) So after an hour or so of housework, and picking up the backyard I positioned myself outside the back door and they gathered inside the back door facing out at me. This was going to help me get the perfect catch lights. ;)

Well, I soon remembered why I decided to go with singles in the first place! It was a crazy 10 minutes. Dave had to keep repositioning Seth who wanted to come out and lay by me. Dozer came and went which could have been a nice addition if only it hadn't always been his backside. He did however instigate lots of smiles and laughs when he came out to join me and kept jumping in my face and spraying snot/slobber all over me.

Anyway, as luck would have it, I did not get that "perfect shot" but I think the combo of the three photos allows you to see each child's face at least once and gives a wonderful glimpse of reality.

I am thankful for Livvy, Paul, Faith and Seth and have loved watching them celebrate Jesus' birth! And Dave has been a sweetie (and didn't stray too far away from my specific "wish list." You know, the list a woman provides to give her hubby a little guidance so she can avoid standing in a long return line the day after. ;))

Hope all are having a wonderful day!

We love you!

4 comments:

VanillaDreamer said...

Merry Christmas- love the photos!!

Melanie said...

so glad you gave in- for the sake of your own memories. sorry about the peer pressure (and thanks for your kind comments) I rather like your idea of the photos. We always do silly photos anyhow to keep the peace-I might have to do an outtake post...Merry Christmas!

the wrath of khandrea said...

love, love LOVE them!! these are my favorites anyway. i like them so much more than the posed "my kids are all perfect and well behaved" look. which we all know is the result of a few head swaps anyway, right??

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome! They look like they are having sooo much fun, and what a great memory that will make!