
Seth got his cast off on Monday! After 6 weeks of not moving his legs, it is going to take some time to get back to normal. His bone healed very well, it is just a matter of getting the joints moving again and bearing weight. At first moving his legs was a bit painful, but now I think it is mostly a matter of gaining confidence. Seth will take a few steps at a time with help, but mostly he is doing a lot of crawling. Now and then he will give me these "Look Ma, I'm standing!" smiles when he pulls himself up. So the simple thing that makes me happy this week is seeing my baby boy cast free with a smile on his face! (Maybe having the cast taken off wasn't a simple thing, but that smile sure is!)
5 comments:
Yay! So glad he finally got his cast off!
Clair,
Cute Little Guy!
An answer to your comment - I was on vacation in the Ozarks when I took the forest photograph. I grew up in IL. MO is a beautiful state I've spent many summer vacations there.
What a sweet face! I love the frame around the picture, too.
GREAT picture!! glad to hear he's upwardly mobile again. he's getting so big. :o(
Oh, I'm so happy for you! Look at that smile...so sweet! I'm sure he'll be back running and jumping in no time! :) thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment