However, my experience... I mean old age has brought a little wisdom. 1) I decided to get my own children's photos taken BEFORE the fall rush instead of squeezing them into the end of it. 2) I thought I'd break the task up into two parts- guys in the morning and dolls in the evening. This meant only having to coordinate two outfits instead of four. 3) I made a fairly realistic goal of getting a great individual shot of each child (as opposed to the elusive perfect shot of the four of them all together.)
Well, this is what I had to work with...
Mr. Frozen Smile who must've been thinking "can we get this over with already?"

and Mr. "No-no, Mama" who was either "choo-choo"ing or thinking "I wish I was running away from you."

Looking back though, my guys were pretty cooperative (in comparison to my dolls.) Doing the shoot at a train station made it more tolerable for them and they were very sweet to each other (especially when considered in comparison to the dolls as you will soon see.)
So these are the winners of the both handsome and sweet, Paul and Seth...






Unfortunately there are no sweet sister photos to match their loving brothers. The girls did not want to look at or touch each other. This can probably be blamed mostly on the highly sensitive and over-reacting big sister. Little sis really didn't have a chance.

But I must not be greedy or dwell on the disappointment. After all, the goal was individual shots. And I did get a few of those...



I mentioned Olivia being moody, didn't I? We had to go for the serious, contemplative look. Not many big smiles from her this time.



Faith was being pretty cute. There was an unwritten rule, though, that in between each shot that she did for me, she got to do one of her own poses.



I love these four. I'm quite happy with our results from the big day. But I am wondering how in the world I will ever mesh shots from a train station and shots from a lovely field into something cohesive for a Christmas card. I think I've still got one more photo to get...
sigh...
9 comments:
Look at Seth....He is getting so big! Andy said one of the pictures of Livvy looks like Ella and another said the older she gets she looks more and more like you!
i am dying laughing over here. could olivia be any more of a tween? the pictures perfectly capture it all. and then there's faith, all bright, cheery and unsuspecting of the wrath that awaits her should she cross the tweenage path. this photo shoot is fabulous because it tells so much! you did end up with some gorgeous shots. and i laughed out loud at faith's self-posed model shot, because it just happens to be noe's favorite pose as well.
this entire shoot made my day. i'm glad you posted them!!
I liked the pictures.... Wish we lived closer... think I have said that before!
I love the colors on the kids! The pics are so beautifully done. Don't you want to come back to Leonard Wood and take pics of my baby? You're amazing!
Oh Clair! You rock! Considering the moodiness, the pictures look awesome! I LOVE the picture of Paul with his back against the train. I had to keep myself from laughing out loud when I saw the first of the Doll pictures, since my hubby is trying to sleep as I check blogs! :-)
I love them all, you have such a way with the camera.
Handsome sons, beautiful daughters...when I see Olivia I can't believe how much of a young lady she is already. I remember her and Leif together. They were so small! I too wish we lived close enough for you to capture the craziness of my family with your remarkable gift! Many blessing to you and yours:)
cute pictures! and to answer your question on my blog the Life. Camera. Actions. aren't compatible with Elements...they should be dangit! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Rebecca
i have a defense you know mom! it was hot, there were bugs everywhere, i had to get dressed up when it was like 99 degrees out there ( a little exageration). Anyway it was 2 o clock in the after noon and i really just wanted to watch some toons and go to the park. I was tired. The first one could totally be in a powerpoint. i should do that some day "hmmm..."
Post a Comment