Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kind of, Sort of, Fall

I've already seen some photos of colorful fall landscapes from friends and non-neighbors, and I've been wondering when the leaves were going to change here. It is still mostly green with very few hints of fall. I hope the sweeping colors are coming soon and not going to pass us by.

This morning I took Olivia out to a park where I'm going to be doing an assignment this week. I wanted to get some test shots and pick a couple of spots for portraits. Well, Olivia was gracious enough to come with me but not gracious enough to remove her Hello Kitty sweatshirt because "It's COLD!" Some moms and there high expectations... I dashed any interest she may have had in pursuing a career as a supermodel when I explained that real life models must pretend to be happy and having a good time no matter what the weather. And I should mention that sitting on the grass was also out of the question.



What am I getting at here? Well, knowing that I wasn't going to come away with anything more than a test shot of Olivia, I decided to get up close and personal with some natural details. Overall, the park didn't seem very autumn-like but if you looked closely you could find some hints of the color that is sure to unfold soon. (All detail photos were taken with my 85mm 1.8 lens wide open.)















Thanks, Liv, kind of, sort of.

5 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

very nice! reminiscient of your vangogh shots a few months back.

it was vangogh, right? you know what i mean.

Melanie said...

Glad to see a post.
Need to visit my own blog again.
Don't know where my time is going this fall...
The colors will come...patience my friend.

mama bear said...

correct me if I'm wrong (my memory is a little rusty) but Olivia looks just like Marcie (or Ella, I believe it is now) in that last picture!

Monica said...

Love all the fall shots!! I need to get out and get some too!! :)

Jhona O. said...

Oh I always love your pictures! It is definitely Fall here. I am looking forward to your pictures when it actually hits your area!

I gave you a blog award girl!! Go and get it:) You so deserve it.

Lots of love!