Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Boo-tiful Decor

Well, here it is...



Yep, that's it.

No scarecrows in the front lawn, no spider window clings, no pumpkin garland. I'm just so NOT into decorating for the holidays. I bought a mum and look what happened. Every plant that has ever been in my care has suffered the same demise, so it is ridiculous that I even tried. I guess it looked like I gave a hoot for about 3 days.

My kids ask every now and then, "Can we decorate for (fill in the blank of upcoming holiday)?" And I just say "nah" and change the subject. The kids did paint pumpkins this past family night, and after a few touch ups today their pumpkins will join my scary plant on the porch. That will be festive.

Despite my scrooginess about holiday decorating, I really do want to switch things out in relation to the four seasons. The only thing I'm doing well at so far is my candles. We've got Yankee's Home Sweet Home and Autumn Wreath tickling our noses. Speaking of wreaths- that's what I want! A wreath to switch out with each season. I look from time to time but haven't found suitable wreaths yet- they are either too cutesy or too expensive. But wreaths would be great. The next time one of the kids asks about decorating I could say "sure, go to the garage and get the (fill in the blank of current season) wreath and switch it out." And if another child wanted to help... well, I would just promise them that they could do the next switching of wreaths in a few months.

And, oh... I do have a black and gray tabby cat wondering around. Does that count as Halloween Decor?



Coming soon is an awesome giveaway. I'm not the giver, so it really is awesome. Just a heads up for any of you moms who love tinkering with your cameras and want to learn more... I have got the prize for you! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the scary plant!! And you'd better believe the cat counts.

Jhona O. said...

You are way too funny! And I agree with Melanie. The cat TOTALLY counts.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you slay me.