Friday, October 23, 2009

Seth, 18 months

Before I get to sharing pictures of the biggest and sweetest baby boy in the world, I must confess that I just pulled an all nighter and there is no turning back now that it's 5 am! This is WAY out of character for me and might even be my first one EVER. What is so strange is that I am totally alert!

Being up all night can only be explained as a side effect of the coritizone shot I had in my right heel this morning...er...I mean yesterday morning to relieve the pain that has been troubling me for more than a couple of months now. I have plantar faciitis, and sometimes I'm fine and sometimes I'm not. I have gotten very discouraged as I had this great exercise plan in walking the kids to school when the school year began. I only went a handful of times and the pain I'd suffer the rest of the day became too much. So one month ago I had some special inserts made at the podiatrist and then went back today for my first follow up. The inserts helped for about a week and then I think they got smashed down and needed reviving. I was back to my old pain by the end of the month's time so I asked for the shot today. I had it several years ago and remember that it worked great. Well, my heel has been so tender that I haven't even wanted to step down on it. I have been encouraged to give the shot 24-48 hours to do its thing.

So I can't sleep and come downstairs drank some hot cider and watched 5 episodes of The Mentalist and was completely alert the whole time, just like The Mentalist himself (I also had some peanut butter crackers and then a bit later some ice cream cause it's like during the day when you need to keep your energy up. Uh, yeah.) After the tv binge, I turned off all the lights and tried to sleep on the couch but it didn't work. I was sharp as a tack. Next stop was the computer where I read blogs, and then edit photos. And that brings me to my photo share.



I think Seth is so adorable. At 18 months he can legally attend the church nursery now. I have been hanging out with him there for one hour each Sunday for the past few weeks, and he just seems like such a BIG baby in there. (He's up to 30 lbs, by the way.) Not really a toddler yet if you know what I mean, though he has tried a couple of temper tantrums over this past week. But anyway, it's sooo cute to see him in the nursery sitting in the little chairs and trying to handle his snack along with the big (3 year old) kids. He's also a cute little spinner when it comes to singing time, but he's even more interested in trying to push the buttons of the CD player or mess with it's cord. Everyday he sings a lot and it mostly sounds like the tune of "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" or "ashes, ashes" from Ring-Around-the-Rosy. Oh how I must cherish these little boy moments! I think these pictures capture his current happy guy demeanor pretty well.



Here's Paul trying to steal MY shot with his newly acquired Korean cell phone. (Dave really is making a dent going through all those old boxes.)






Be still my heart... my two precious boys!




2 comments:

Jhona O. said...

Oh Clair! Seth is so very cute! Those pictures made my heart skip a beat:) Which probably doesn't make my husband happy as this means I want more and more and more babies. You have two very, very handsome boys! I so wish that you could photograph our family! Someday...hopefully:) I miss you!

the wrath of khandrea said...

tres cute. love the messy face. you have to have more than one kid to appreciate it. if it were the first kid, you would be sad because his face was dirty in the pictures.