
Seth is growing so fast and I know that a Seth update is way overdue. I was waiting to figure out how to transfer pictures from a cell phone to a computer. (Anyone?) Dave got some cute shots of Seth's first steps at the beginning of August when he was 15 1/2 months old. (I'll have to use mine instead.) We were all sitting around one evening and Seth would go back and forth between Olivia and Paul. He had the biggest, proudest smile knowing he was onto something new and very useful.
(This photo sequence would be perfect if we were in Japan. Please read from right to left and don't study details too hard or you will wonder if the photos are really in reverse chronological order.)Unfortunately Seth has gotten the bumps and bruises to go with his new found mode of transportation. I thought 2 bruises on the head in one day was bad. But a week later, Seth showed me that bruises were nothing when he dove off the porch onto the sidewalk which left a huge scrape on his forehead. It was one of those instances where it all happened so fast, but mom sat there paralyzed and it felt as if it was happening in slow motion as I watched the whole thing from prep to dismount to splash.
A physical therapist advised me to get some shoes on this boy before he started to walk so he could get use to the feel of them. Well, Seth's first pair of shoes ended up being $34 dollar, size 5 StrideRites, the only brand wide enough for baby feet of great girth. You will understand why I waited so long to put shoes on this baby when you see this picture of his feet. Doesn't it seem like cruel and unusual punishment to stuff such a plump foot (pictured at 12 mos) into a baby shoe of size 1,2,3, or 4? (Faith had a similar dilemma but adjustable velcro sandals did the trick for her, but these only come in pink or butterfly embellished designs.)


What else? Seth still doesn't have much to say other than "Hi" and "No" but he is very good at making dinosaur and car noises. He loves bananas, ice cream, noodles, green beans, pancakes... Wait, why am I making a list? He eats everything. We try to catch Sesame Street a couple of times a week because I love Sesame Street and want all of my children to learn good manners from Elmo. Seth is my shopping buddy. When I first put him in the cart, he gets very excited and bops up and down as if he's on a ride at an amusement park. Sorry, Seth. It's just the commissary.
Seth got his first haircut. (Well technically his first AND second haircut. Faith was responsible for the first and Wal-mart the second.) The stylist asked if I wanted it cut with scissors or clippers and I opted for scissors 'cause I thought clippers would be way to short. Well, it was not only too short anyway but very uneven. Next time I'll ask for the clippers. But Seth sat as still as a 1 year old can sit and he's handsome even without the extra poof on top.
Before

After

And last but not least, it's always fun to speculate about what your kid might be when he grows up. You know, the one who sticks his fingers in other people's mouths is the dentist to be, the cranky one is the future ward librarian, etc. Well, we've got ourselves a custodian.

Love you, Seth!
4 comments:
What a cutie, and a great update. Those are some chunky feet! I gave Jane my old Swiffer but took out the middle bar to make it her size. But Seth seems like he is working it just fine!
How fun! He is such a cute little guy. I can't believe how expensive some clothing items for kids are. Not something I'm looking forward to.
So cute! I love the chunky feet, I'm sure he'll catch up to them. It's bittersweet to see them with this new independence isn't it? I love watching Madi run around and climb on everything, but it makes me so sad when she gets the bumps and bruises that go along with it. Thanks for the update!
Oh Clair, it's been too long since I've gone to your super cute blog. I just love it and love the pictures you take of your family. I wanted to tell you that the banner picture of my kids in the woods was taken in The Sacred Grove. Pretty neat to be there with them and they loved it and all that happened there. Love your sweeties!
Post a Comment