Thursday, April 23, 2009

Seth, One Year



In this first picture Seth is saying, "Mom, I told you we shouldn't be taking balloon pictures on the grass!" I assured him that it's okay and that sacrificing a few balloons for the sake of a photo or two is just part of being the son of a photographer.

Paul requested to see the birthday boy right away on the birthday morning, so here's Seth visiting big brother.



Seth has been getting around quite well doing the Army crawl and has even gone up on his knees. He is thinking about taking the crawl to the next level. For now, a few army lunges combined with a roll or two gets him where he needs to go-- like to the cat food bowl or the kitchen drawers.



"Hi!" is his official first word and he'll say it clearly while waving. We are also hearing a bit of "dadada" and a smidgin of "mamama," but that has not been clear enough to be classified as official first words yet.

Seth likes to stand with help and looks very proud when he does.



He weighed in at a whopping 25 lbs 7 oz at the doctor's today and his mommy gets negative brownie points for scheduling his 12 month shots on his actual birthday. However, Seth rolled with the punches and came out with a smile. He was ready for his party that evening.

(Please excuse the "I-think-I'm-Steve-from-Blue's-Clues" outfit that I dressed Seth in. I am really in the hole as far as brownie points go. It has been a few years since we've been into Blue's Clues, and it didn't occur to me until it was pointed out that the green and green striped outfit was just like Steve's (who I might add was an excellent host and whom I prefer over Joe. But still, not a great dresser.)

We we had a double birthday celebration with our neighbors the Oswalt family. Roxanne and I endured our pregnancies at the same time and delievered at the same hospital within a couple of hours of each other. (I won, by the way.) So Presley is Seth's first little pal and here are their special cupcakes and a picture of the birthday kids themselves.





I would like to be able to show a better picture of the two, but this really wasn't any better...



...though it is somewhat telling. Presley, who crawls circles around Seth, can be a little aggressive. Seth's reaction is to whimper and look at me pleading, "help!" Last night Dave was saying Seth was being wimpy, but when he sees this shot I think the evidence will validate Seth's concern.

And what 1 year old birthday post is complete without a couple of cake-in-the-face pictures? Bon Apetite!



3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

so many thoughts running through my head. mostly i can't get past how funny you are. your snippy little one-liners crack me up. also, great shots as always. and of course i'm loving how delicious seth it. i want to munch on one of his chubby thighs.
lastly, i think you should reword and say "seth likes to lean with help and looks very proud when he does."
love the strangulation pose.

Melissa said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday Seth!

mama bear said...

Happy birthday Seth, you are a doll! Clair, I hate to say it but I'm a Joe fan. For some reason Steve just totally bugs me, not that we watch it much anymore either. I do like the green on green stripes, though, and as always your pictures are fabulous!