Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dear Seth

Dear Seth,

You will be one year old tomorrow! What a blessing this year with you has been!

A few days ago I went to a doctor's appointment for myself, and as is typical you came along with me. When the doctor sat down in the exam room, he looked at you and asked if he could hold you. Happy to share your sweetness with another admirer, I undid the stroller strap and lifted you to the doctor. As he gently sat you on his lap, he told me that he didn't usually ask to hold babies. It was obvious that he was mesmerized by your beauty and your precious spirit.

Seeing how taken the doctor was with you, reminded me just how blessed I am to be your mother. The doctor only held you for a minute. I get to hold you each and everyday as long as I want. I get to hear your happy laugh and see your face light up when we look at each other. I get to feed you and comfort you and watch you grow and learn. What a privilege Heavenly Father has allowed me!

Not long ago I held you in the living room and we danced around in circles. You had this proud look on your face that I imagined said, "Wee, I'm dancing with a girl!" You thought it was so fun and so did I.

Seth, you add a special brightness to our family. Words cannot express the love and joy that you bring to the lives of your daddy, sisters, brother, and me. You are surrounded by people who love you and would do anything for you. Thank you for coming to this earth as my son. I pray that I will be the kind of mother that you deserve.

That day at the doctor's office, the doctor commented on your long blonde eyelashes. I set out to capture those beauties on camera, and I think the photos that follow do a fine job.

Happy first birthday, little pumpkin.

I love you!

Mom







3 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Earthday-Birthday!
Again, the years go by too fast!

Ella said...

I love one year olds! I don't really know what to do with a newborn, but that one year age is so fun!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday sweet little blue eyed baby!