Monday, October 27, 2008

False Advertising

Okay, normally I would give my husband full ownership of the title "sucker." You know, the one who orders girls scout cookies from each and every local troop and buys a "diamond" necklace because the other 9 pieces of costume jewelry in the set are absolutely free. But... I must confess to a bit of impulse buying of my own.

Before we get to what I bought and what I thought it could do for me, let me tell you that Dave had/ has a little crush on Drew Barrymore. I drug this info out of him one time several years ago and have filed it away in my brain. I think he fell in love during ET Phone Home and hasn't really been following her a whole lot since. A couple of months ago I saw her on TV and nudged Dave and said "There's your girl." He convincingly acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. I said, "You know, Drew Barrymore," and he said, "That's her!?" So he could have been off the hook IF I hadn't recently caught him flipping through some celebrity photos of "child actors then and now" and found this...


Needless to say, I have always taken a mental note of Drew- what she's wearing, her hairstyle, and her make-up. Make-up. Did you see Drew in the Cover Girl ad for a new mascara? Well, silly me, I thought that since my tube was running on fumes, I might at well go for the brand she is wearing (at least for the few hours the ad is taped.)



After numerous applications of "Lash Blast," I'm sorry to say that my eyes are still small and squinty and my body remains unfit for sexy formal wear.





What should I try next... big gold hoop earrings or red lipstick?



Maybe I'll splurge and get both. What a sucker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny I recently fell pray to that same mascara, I keep poking myself in the eye with that silly wand. And my eyes still look squinty and a dash of I just got in a fight!

the wrath of khandrea said...

isn't this ironic, as i was just considering buying this mascara when my current tube runs out. (i can't think that far ahead on important issues, mind you.) i saw an ad for it and figured it looked good, i'd give it a try.

maybe i'll buy some reses pieces instead, and phone home.

this post was hilarious. i'm so glad you wrote it.

The Griner Family: said...

I thought it made your eye lashes look very smooth and silky!!!

Melanie said...

love the picture of Dave, so funny. Tell him, I've seen her in person, she's not all that. You just keep batting those lashes of yours at him, mascara or not.

Alyssa and Co. said...

Ha, I am a sucker too! I am totally infomercials target audience. I love it, luckily I don't act on my impulses too often. You look just great. I think the mascara totally makes you look like Drew. ;)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing! I'm not much of a sucker for image advertising but as my previous post admits, I am a sucker for a deal. I guess I'll wait until the mascara goes on sale and I have a coupon!

Ella said...

You better be glad Drew was only promoting mascara! I can't believe you either 1. really caught Dave looking at that or 2. actually got him to pose for that picture. Hilarious.