Monday, April 5, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend- Part III

So the next three installments are going to be a little like the Star Wars movies. We are going to start at the end and then go back and pick up the beginning.

Easter Day began bright and early (typical,) and baskets exploded all over the place with toys and candy and pesky easter grass (typical,) and then a few minutes later the floor was all swept up (not-typical, but thanks Mom!)





The Easter Bunny was stealth and had the eggs all scattered before the kids were done admiring (and tasting) their goodies. So the hunt was on...


This little guy was was a bit uncertain about how the game is played...


but our big believer new the drill.


Together, they made the perfect pair.




While hunting for eggs, the children found a big surprise. A trampoline! You would think that the Bunny could have snapped his magic fingers and left the trampoline ready for hopping, but Dave got the honor instead.


The last egg... so tricky.




We enjoyed General Conference where the messages were just amazing. I was thinking about dear Courtney the whole time during the Sunday morning session, and all the words were so comforting. I am grateful to know that Courtney is in paradise with her Savior and that although her departure from this earth came much sooner than anyone who remains would have liked, we will one day be reunited with this choice spirit when death, which is just as much a part of the plan as birth and mortal life, takes us home to meet our Maker too.

Dave did what he does so well (invite people over for dinner without clearing it with me first) and we had two single soldiers join us for our humble Easter feast. It waturned out well. We went through the traditional plastic egg activity to review the Easter story and ended the night with a cut throat game of uno.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter day!

4 comments:

The Griner Family: said...

Wow, a yellow trampoline. That looks fun! What a fun morning!

mama bear said...

I had forgotten about the Easter story egg activity, thanks for the reminder! I think that's what we'll do for FHE tonight. Oh, and Happy Birthday tomorrow!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'm sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. that is so sad.

i'm glad you enjoyed your easter.

Ella said...

I loved the easter recap but I'm a bit confused about the Part III part of your title. Are you as behind on blogging as I am?