Monday, April 12, 2010

What I Did On My Birthday



On my 37th birthday while Dave and I were out and about on our shopping date, I asked Dave to take me to a specific fitness center to check it out. We signed me up... for the next three years. (No worries, it's like Sprint, you can cancel anytime for a fee. Nah, it's not as bad as Sprint.) This means that by my 40th birthday, I should be one fit and fabulous Clair (instead of two.) I know, bad joke. I shouldn't talk about myself that way.

But it's okay for my 5 year old daughter to talk about me that way. Recently Faith showed me one of her drawings of the family. I was drawn very round. So rather than congratulating Faith on branching out from stick figures, I mentioned how fat the mommy looked. Faith said, "I'm sorry. I'll go erase half of it." From the mouth of babes! Pray for me and wish me luck as I attempt perhaps the hardest thing I've ever done- erase half of it.

4 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

get a personal trainer to start you off. you will be so glad you did.

Jhona O. said...

Happy Belated Birthday Dear Clair! I will most certainly be praying for you:) It is so hard. Everyday I struggle but I like knowing that I have friends who support me and a wonderful, encouraging husband and family to help motivate me. You can do this!!! Wahoo for you:) It will be worth it!

mama bear said...

Happy Birthday Old Friend! I can say that because we've been friends for like 30 years, and because calling you old is calling myself even older (those 4 days make a big difference!). Way to go on the gym membership, that's a big step in the right direction. If only it were as easy as pulling out the eraser, wouldn't that be nice?! I think I'd like to erase about 3/4 of myself. I'll start with yoga on the Wii fit when the kids aren't fighting me for it. Maybe I'll get enough courage to walk into a gym for my next birthday! Good luck, I can't wait to see how it goes.

Ella said...

Okay, "I'll go erase half of it." is pretty funny. Good luck on the hardest thing you've ever done. You're awesome!