(Portrait Mode)Seth got tubes in his ears today. He was such a cute little patient in his yellow pajamas provided by the hospital. I sat with him waiting for his turn and he was so busy checking everything out. He was given some medicine to keep him calm and make it easier for him to part with me. (Where was my medicine?) I was hoping that as soon as it kicked in he would sit still on my lap and snuggle. Nope. He kept trying to wonder around and had the dexterity of a drunk man. I had to hold his hand and be right there to catch him if he lost balance.
Alas, the time came and he was taken back to surgery. Just a few minutes later I heard him crying in the recovery room as I went to be with him. He was M-A-D, MAD! At first he was obsessing over the pulse sox on his toe, trying to get it off. Then, while wailing for all to hear, he would wiggle off my lap but as soon as his feet touched the floor he wanted me to get him again. The poor little guy didn't have the words to express how he was feeling. But the 5 year old boy that finished right after him did. I had to chuckle when I heard the boy saying what must have been very close to what Seth had been thinking just minutes before-- "I gotta get this thing off of me! I hate this place!" and so on.
No comments:
Post a Comment