

I have been looking forward to THIS quilt for about 9 years now. From each of my child's baby/ toddler clothes I have saved 30+ squares of material with the plan to make a quilt of them all one day.
Well... nine years and I never got past making a quillow, but that didn't mean someone else
couldn't make it for me! I found Mary who was up for the challenge. Probably the biggest challenge was trimming my sloppy "squares" into something truly square that she could work with. It was also tricky to work with such a diverse group of fabrics, but Mary knew what she was doing and put in the extra time to make it all work just right. 
I LOVE it! The 4 groups of squares go in birth order clockwise. When I brought it home the kids were very interested in looking at their own squares and of course they wanted to cuddle up in it. But alas, I had to be mean and let them know that this was MY special quilt. And it is a cozy one!
5 comments:
i must have serious problems. i'm crying. over a quilt. i love it. i do, i do, i do.
i have all mika's soccer jersey's from the time he was 3. as soon as he outgrows this last one, i'm making a quilt out of them. i too have been saving for years. we'll see if i can find myself a mary when the time is right.
That is so cool! What a great idea, too bad it's a tad to late for me to do that, haha! I get rid of clothes as fast as I can :) What a special thing for you to have!
What a great idea! I wish I would have thought of that. Oh well, maybe for my grandkids...
Wow Clair! What a great idea! Your 9 years of planning has paid off!
That is the coolest thing ever!!! What a nice keepsake!
Post a Comment