FLYlady trumps. I should have trusted her all along. She's been right about everything else.
Clair's New, Old Laundry Schedule
Monday- Boys clothes
Tuesday- Girls clothes
Wednesday- Dave's and my darks
Thursday- none (this is grocery shopping and errand day)
Friday- Whites
Saturday- bedding, towels, etc
Sunday- none (I'm renewing my spirit with all other FLYbabies)
I'm not perfect, but I'm doing much better. For the most part, my children haven't had to run downstairs naked looking for underwear in the "to-be-folded-one-day-if-not-used-before-then" pile. They can find their clothes in their dresser drawers. I start a load as early as I can each morning. Then, I'll run one more load if it's needed. Sometimes I fold in the afternoon- sometimes not till the end of the day. (Yeah, I know you SHOULD fold right away when the clothes are fresh and hot out of the drier, but I'm taking baby steps here. Give me a little time.) Anyway, I'm giving myself a happy face each day I wash, fold, and put away!
Thanks for hanging in there with me.
I'm going to throw all caution to the wind here and make this a double topic post.
My second topic is...photography. I've been eating and sleeping it lately, which is just the way it goes sometimes. I notice that I go in cycles when it comes to photography. Sometimes it barely gets a blip on the radar screen, and then sometimes it consumes me. I just finished with a very fun senior session and a totally cute family session. So I've been busy editing those. I recently ordered new business cards, and I'm dabbling with the idea of offering baby announcements, holiday cards and such. That means I have to figure out if I can and exactly how to use card templates in photoshop, so I'm experimenting there. Next week I'm going to teach a little Enrichment Activity at church on taking better photos, and I'm working to get a power point presentation ready for that. AND I'm way excited to get to be a student again when I start an online class in April! So you see why I say I've been a little preoccupied with all things photography.
Laundry and photography. Sigh...
I think now's a good time to try a new trick- making photos really big on your blog! (Thanks goes to Andrea for sending this tip my way.) Okay, large is good, and I know I just said something earlier about better being an enemy to good, but sometimes better really is best. You just have to use your best judgement. All things in moderation, but I'm going to go for it. Let's see how it works with a picture of two brothers from my latest family session...

NICE! Learn how at Enlarging Your Photos Tutorial.
4 comments:
clair! this whole post was filled with witty and clever one-liners. it was hilarious! i laughed out loud so often, noe came in and said "mama, what so funny?" of course she failed to see the humor. she's so narrow-minded sometimes.
awesome, awesome post. i'm happy you have found a system that works for you. embrace the nirvana.
I was looking at your blog and Matt passed by and said, "Whoa, who's picture is that?" He, I should say We love that photo. It is awesome.
CLAIR! i didn't know i could even make photos bigger on my blog! please send me the tutorial. and tell me more about your online class please! :D
LOVE that pic btw!
So glad the laundry is worked out- love that you've gotten into your photography business-so impressive with 4 kids. I am dreaming of a new camera for my birthdaywhat kind do you use? I am not starting a business but have been playing around with the functions of my point-and-shoot and want an upgrade with more potential. Heard good things about the Rebel...but the price is out there for just a leisure camera. Any thoughts from a pro?
Also, sent a prayer your way yesterday when we passed by the Fort. We were amazed at all the tree damage from the ice. Unbelievable destruction. If we hadn't been 7 hours in the car, with 7 more to go, I would have loved to visit! Maybe if we go that way again...Any plans to come back to MO soon?
Sorry this has been more of an email. And one more thing...the gal I used to take pilates from was a trainer (not the main one) from the first season of The biggest loser. There is or was another Hollywood Fitness reality show at a gym where she worked too. So she always had a lot of "dish" on the personalities. It's my recollection that she didn't like the female trainer either.
Post a Comment