
Why do I sometimes leave my camera home on purpose? (Oh right, because with four children, a diaper bag and a purse it's nice to travel light.) I usually regret it later as I did on March 4th, the night of Paul's first Pinewood Derby. I would love to have captured Paul's face full of surprise and glee as he watched his car zoom past another. But I decided not to bring my camera and perhaps it was a good thing, because I may have lost congeniality points after I pushed and elbowed all the other shutterbugs who were craning to get a good shot. Anyway, Paul's gold car with one black stripe down the middle and a red stripe on either side held its own and ranked 3rd in the Wolf division. Not bad for a rookie. PS- Dave, please dust off your point and shoot so we can keep it in the diaper bag. Thx :)
7 comments:
Way to go Paul!!!!! I was getting ready for Leif's birthday party while Doug took Lance to his race! Thank goodness for video:)
Way to go Paul!!!!! I was getting ready for Leif's birthday party while Doug took Lance to his race! Thank goodness for video:)
How fun! Congrats to Paul- we aren't in scouts but I think our boys would really enjoy it. Perhaps we'll have to check around... Let Olivia be your little apprentice with the point and shoot. You can teach her the tricks of the trade. :)
HILARIOUS. i can just picture the elbows flying. i'm sorry to hear that paul won, because this now sets an unrealistically high standard for the remainder of his scouting career. heaven help you if he loses next year.
oh, i mean... CONGRATULATIONS, PAUL!!
Congrats Paul!!! Simon has his Derby in 2 weeks! We might use your design!!!! Just kidding..
very cool. I guess that's one thing I have in my future now....
Post a Comment