As a way to collect some memories and celebrate the life of Courtney, I started a temporary blog that I will later print for her family. If you knew the Feasters I invite you to contribute some thoughts and/ or photos. More details to be found at We Love Courtney.
I wanted to share my and Olivia's entry here on our personal blog, so here it goes...

The Feasters were one of the first families that we met when we moved to Ft. Campbell. My Olivia and their Courtney became instant friends as did my Paul and their CJ. We hated to see them move off post but we continued to get together for fun and to make sure the kids got to have sleepovers.
When Courtney would come to our house she almost always brought her Littlest Pet Shop Collection and it was not little. She and Olivia would trade figures. I was so glad to find this photo of the two of them on the trampoline trying to have some "quiet time" away from little sister Faith who always wanted to be included with the big girls. (Courtney being so fun and happy, people just loved being near her.) But Olivia, of course, wanted Courtney to herself.

One of the things that impressed me most about Courtney is that she always took the time to play with Faith and make her feel important. I remember her taking time out of their big girl play to read Faith a book. And I love this photo of Courtney helping Faith across the creek after our friend Summer's baptism.

I can also picture Courtney carrying around Seth long after he was small enough to do so with ease. She had a soft spot for the little ones.
Little Miss Courtney- I love you and will miss the goodness and joy that came with being around you. Thank you for the priceless friendship you shared with our family. I look forward to seeing your smile again. Love, Sis. Clair Dickson


(Olivia and Courtney making bagel pizzas at Olivia's birthday party- June 2007)
words from Olivia...
I miss u Courtney (Court Court)!!! One very speacial memory of u is when u and CJ built the snow fort at ur old house and there was a bridge, a tunnel, and really thick walls. We came over and played until the bridge collasped. Another memory of Court Court was when we went over to her house and we built a fort in her living room with our blankets and had a BIG TIME BLAST with her. You're the first friend I ever met scince I moved here and met u at church. I miss the way u laughed when something was insane, unessasary, or just plain weird stuff. I remember the way we'd ask if u could sleep over at our house or stuff like that when ever our parents said yes. I miss u Courtney. Here's a lyric by Miley Cyrus that from now on I'll cry whenever I hear it ill start to cry. The song is called I Miss U.
I miss u, I miss ur smile, It's nice to shed a tear every once in a while even though its diffrent now ur still here some how. My heart would let u go but I need u to know I MISS U...
With Love from OLIVIA HOPE DICKSON
(in remembrance of Courtney Belle Feaster) xoxoxoxo
more pictures from the Birthday party

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, what a terrible thing to happen. I don't know Courtney, but I feel for her family. What a neat thing to do for them Clair, you're amazing!
Praying for her family and yours. I agree that what you've done is such a beautiful thing and will be a treasure for this wonderful family.
Post a Comment