Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Family in 60 Seconds

In order to get the full effect of this post, please read it out loud as fast as you can, inhaling only when indicated.

Ready. Set. Go!


So Seth got his cast off after 12 days because he jumped into the tub with Faith two days before his regularly scheduled (bath and) appointment. X-rays showed that there was indeed NOT a fracture in the first place. (Breathe in.)

A hearing test performed on the same day as cast removal also showed up as free and clear. The baby can hear, and the baby is adding new words to his vocabulary bank that for the longest time was just a lonely "banana." (Breathe.) "Kitty," "Mama," "Daddy," and "more" join the list, "more" being influenced by the introduction of the sign language for the sign by the same name, "more." (Breathe.) Being turned down for more donuts is never pleasant. (Breathe.)



Paul raced "The Sphinx" in the district pine wood derby fully understanding that, though dashing and unique, "The Sphinx" would likely not fair too well. Prior to racing, this young, wise lad voiced what the supportive parents were thinking-- the odds of a car that placed 3rd on a troop level are not real great when that car is thrown into a district level. Logic prevailed, but not without winning the starting heat.(Breathe.)




The words new and exciting describe the recent addition of Tivo to the formerly very limited family cable plan. Extreme Home Makeover pleases almost the whole crowd with Olivia getting the award for stating the obvious when she said "Ty looks good without a shirt on because he has abs." Meanwhile Paul and Faith wonder when the crew will show up to replace our less than reliable towel racks and the back door that leaks when it rains. (Oh, sorry, should have had you breathe before now... Breathe.)

American Idol rocks the house for most of the fam, though Clair is still recovering from the early dismissal of dimple-cheeked Alex while Olivia continues to enjoy the unexplainable ongoing presence of the Zac Efron look-a-like named Tim. (Breathe.)


Dave and Clair mentally prepare for the most celebratory week of the year when they will acknowledge their Anniversary, Easter, and Clair's birthday. Throw General Conference into the mix and total pandemonium ensues. That sums it up. For more family insanity, join me on facebook... Breathe.

PS- Olivia won first place in the science fair testing the power of stain removing detergent against mud, lipstick, grape juice, chocolate milk, and ketchup.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

What a fun post! I loved it!
Glad most of the news report was good news!

The Griner Family: said...

Livvy got braces?!!!! How much more can we seem too miss out on! So glad for Seth and you!! Next project have Livvy test bananas...I cant seem to get them out of anything!

Ella said...

This was fantastic. I loved the update on everyone. I LOVE Livvy's science project. Please remind me of that when Jane is of age. And I'd like to hear her findings. Hilarious about Livvy's observation of "abs" and her enjoying Tim Urban. I must be like a tween because I know Tim isn't very good but I think he is just so cute! Ha.

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. that was really well written! now give that baby a donut. all i can see are bananas on his plate. what are you, a health freak?

Anonymous said...

Clair, you busy Mama! Glad to know that the baby is good and what kids are you posting in place of your's? Those kids are too big and unbelievably adorable! What are you feeding them...good grief!

Have you heard from Angela? I haven't and she hasn't responded lately. Just curious??? Let her know I've been thinking about her if you talk to her.