After one last big fight for good measure, the kids gathered their backpacks and I drove them .5 miles to school. ( The 50 lb kitchen sized trash bags full of school supplies (times 3) made us think twice about walking today.) No tears were shed (except for during the fight I mentioned previously.)
Yes, I sent my 3 oldest children out into the world, but not alone. No. They will have each other this year since they are all three going to the same school.

Olivia wanted to bring an apple for the teacher. (She must get that kissing up trait from her dad.) She was happy to already know that the neighbor girl right next door was also assigned to the same 5th grade class.

Paul just rolled with the punches. Not too much excitement. Not too much apprehension. He chose the desk nearest the window (and the bathroom.) It's also not too close to the teacher.

Faith was a bit hesitant about being a Kindergartner. She's not sure about going all day. But, she sure looked cute and will likely make sure her teacher earns her salary. Okay, I'm sure she'll earn much more than she's paid.

And that leaves me at home with this guy...

Just Seth and me... at home, where hugs and laughs and naps are plentiful.
Sigh...
This is nice... REALLY nice.
8 comments:
My kids start school in a week and a half. My first year with them all gone for the full day in 11 years! Yippee! I have so many things I want to accomplish!
Boy, you all start early! I'm thinking I'm ready for school and I'm sure we'll go out with a big bang (or two) as well.
Love how you fixed Olivia's hair- or maybe she did that herself?!
Enjoy the peace with your little man!
I can't believe that school has already started and that you have 3 kids in school now!! Enjoy the school year with and your time at home alone with your little man!
Beautiful post with beautiful kids!!! I pray your year is overflowing with love, laughter and memories:) All for one and one for all!!!
How completely exciting!!! Just you and your little man alone all day!!
i am laughing maniacally over here. soon enough you'll be crying about laundry and cooking and homework and backpacks strewn all over and soccer games and soccer practices and playdates and field trips and... well... you get the picture.
Love the pictures as always! Why can't we live closer so you can show me a few tricks?! Kody doesn't start school for another week, but we are all gearing up for it. have fun with the little one!
Loved the post. I hope they like their school year. And I hope you find your days with Seth as relaxing as you'd like. I think it can get tedious when there is no one else around to help entertain the baby, no?
Post a Comment