

I know that pets come and go, but pets for us have always been part of the family and have been with us for their whole life. One evening when I was crying about Violet, Faith suggested we make a sign that said "If you see our cat, Violet, please send her home." She drew a cute picture of Violet with big ears and big claws. This was hard to see after she drew "fur" on top of the cat, but it was a sweet gesture and helped me feel better.
Violet is a precocious but sweet little cat. We got her two years ago from friends who had a stray cat give birth to her litter at their house. Violet was the littlest and she is still so petite. Paul named her Violet after The Incredibles big sister. Olivia really bonded with her, and she has been Faith's best toy.
Because Violet gets away so often, we have hope that perhaps she'll get away from wherever she is now and either come home or be given to the animal shelter. We pray for Violet and miss her very much.
3 comments:
as much flack as i give pet owners, i will say this- there is much to be gained by children owning pets. empathy, love, tenderness, concern... that's good stuff. kudos to you for taking the step i'm too lazy to make. for me, empathy v. litter box is won by litter box every time.
We're praying that Violet will find her way back to you!!! Our mama cat, Rosie, had her second litter of kittens two weeks ago. It's so fun to see my rough and tumble boys being so gently with these tiny kittens. We're keeping one from this litter. I post pictures soon...as soon as I get a new camera:) My kids left mine out in the rain for a couple of days. Nice!!
I'll send up a prayer tonight. Hopefully, she's already back home!
Post a Comment