Monday, November 24, 2008

Mommy Photographer

When does the photographer take pictures of her own kids for Christmas cards? When she's done taking them for everyone else, that's when. Sunday afternoon we headed out to one of my favorite photo spots- the old red barn. It was 50 degrees and quite windy. Kids were cold and baby Seth let me know that smiling while freezing was just not his thing.

So how did they turn out? Was I able to get the perfect shot? Well, it went like this...

Me- with a decent amount of enthusiasm All right. Livvy sit in the chair and hold Seth. Paul and Faith gather round. Look at mom and smile!
(Click)

Me- Paul, scoot in a little. Faith, where did this posing thing come from? Everybody relax and act natural.
(Click)

Me- Hmmm...Paul, move over and peak in behind Faith.
(Click)

Me- Livvy, pull down Seth's shirt.
(spontaneous affection)
(click)

Me- I SAID, pull down Seth's shirt!
(click)

Me- (Now I'm at a loss of anything to say to make things better. Perhaps I'll have more luck with a horizontal shot.)
(click)

Me- (guess not)
(more spontaneous affection)
(click)

Me- All right guys, I promise this is the last group shot, make it your best!
(click)


Moving on to individual portraits...
I had a little more luck here, but of course as time went by so did the kids' tolerance for the weather. After a bottle and some snuggle time in blankets, Seth was not at all intersted in sitting in the cute basket and playing with the teddy bear I brought. However, isn't this the MOST adorable photo. What a sweetie. (I'm so sorry, Seth, but look how cute you were!)



Check your mailboxes in a couple of weeks to see what was salvagable from this session. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took Christmas photos for mom's card but haven't gotten around to doing mine yet...need to get on that! I absolutely love Seth's sad photo, I can't help but to laugh when I see it because it is just so cute! I don't know how you do it but even the photos where the kids are doing something else have so much character! I need lessons!

lisa slocombe said...

can't wait to see the best of the session! if your sitting went anything like mine, the first photo was the best - that's how long their smiley attention spans are. that background is to die for!!! where is that?!?!