
bottles sterilized...check
clothes set up in makeshift dresser...check
infant car seat purchased...check
crib set up... (Dave?!...)
expecting parents' cell phones charged and accessible at all times...check
husband on leave...check
mother-in-law flown into the general vicinity...check
someone to watch the kids in the middle of the night if necessary...check
someone to watch Faith during school hours if necessary...check
anxious big brother and big sisters...check
anxious daddy...check
anxious (and incredibly uncomfortable) mommy...check

For those I haven't already whined to, I received a disappointing phone call from my doctor on Monday afternoon. It went something like this, "Uh, you know that induction you were so looking forward to at 39 weeks?... Well, I forgot that you'd had a prior C-section and I'm having a very hard time finding a doctor willing to induce you!" Of course I had always had hopes that things would progress naturally beyond the now 5 cm dilation, but it sure was nice to have a safety net and know that no matter what, I would not still be pregnant passed such-and-such a date. You should have seen me last Sunday at church telling anyone who glanced my way that I would not be pregnant at this time next week. Well, I may have been wrong about that...
6 comments:
i'm dying for you. honestly. have you tried aerobics? stairs? using a jackhammer on the sidewalk? maybe a pogo stick?
wow.
welcome to 40 weeks, just like the rest of us, sister.
oh clair!!! you poor popping woman! hope everything goes well and things happen really soon! and then we can see some great baby pics too!
Oh maybe they will let you come in and do a trial of labor to see how you're body and the baby responds to an induction, with you being already half there in dilation I can't imagine it taking much to put you over the edge for a quick delivery. I will be praying for you & the baby.
Clair, I'm so sorry! I know how uncomfortable you are, what is your doctor's name and I'll go toilet paper his house or something! On a happier note, I love the green baskets and it sounds like you have everything all ready. Don't worry, he has to come out soon!
Clair!!!
I am feeling your anxiety!!! I will pray for you!
i see you haven't even posted my last comment. what are you doing? slacking? jeesh, i mean it's not like you could be in LABOR or anything.
or...
WAIT A MINUTE!!
this must mean you've HAD The baby, so i want to know why the pictures aren't posted yet. don't you have a laptop you could bring into LnD?
Post a Comment