Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today I want to wish my dad a very happy birthday! He and I have shared birthday parties in the past and I miss not being close enough to do that this year. There seemed to be several people missing at this year's celebration. This first picture is my Dad celebrating his birthday a day or two late, thanks to my arrival the day before. (I'm April 6 and he's April 7.) And we can never forget each other's age because my dad recognized this interesting numbers phenomenon-- our ages always add up to the same number. For example, This year Dad turns 62 (6+2=8) and I turn 35 (3+5=8). It works everytime. Let's try another one to prove my point... In 1984 I turned 11 (1+1=2) and Dad turned 38 (3+8= 11, take it one step further and add 1+1 and get 2) Wild, huh?

My dad and I are both country music fans. I always get choked up when I hear a song about Daddies and daughters because I love my dad so much. The latest one that gets me teary is "Ready, Set, Don't Go" by Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley. One difference is that while in the song, the dad wouldn't fit in the car when the daughter left home, my dad did. He drove from Missouri to Utah with me through a snow storm in my black Jeep Wrangler in January 1996 right after my mission. I love him for that and for the many other sacrifices he has made and continues to make to care for his family.

The next two pictures are of our 2006 celebration...



I love you Dad! Hope you feel that love on your special day! And here's a little birthday dedication for you...

1 comment:

Ella said...

Clair, that was so sweet and thoughtful. Dad totally deserves that.