Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Everything!

but especially Happy 10th Anniversary, Dave!

April is a whirlwind month for us usually. April 3 (today!) is mine and Dave's anniversary, the 6th is my birthday, the 7th is my dad's birthday, the 20th is my mom-in-law's bday and then usually Easter is thrown in there somewhere, but as you know that's done and gone this year. But to make up for that, we are going to have a baby this month!

(Start video for background music. Sorry I couldn't find the original video- it was either some cheesy couple we don't know or Fox and the Hound.)


Traditionally, in April Dave takes a week off of work and we do something great like a mini-trip to Hermann Hills Vineyard and Inn which is a luxury bed and breakfast in a little German town in Missouri. For a closer look, click here. I think we've gone there four times now-the first being right before Dave deployed to Korea the first time.

Well, this year is going to be a bit different. Dave's been working like a dog. Every bursting appendix and broken ankle has happened during his call watch and will likely continue to do so until his leave for baby's birth is upon us. We have a baby-sitter lined up for tonight so we can go out to dinner tonight but I'm not sure I'll be able to waddle my 4cm dilated cervix and sore rump out the door.

So here's a little flashback to the memories of the Hermann Hill getaways which now seem so far away...




















Dave, thanks for 10 wonderful years! And if we spend this evening on the couch timing contractions, know that you are the love of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way!

(Day After PS- We made it to Longhorn Steakhouse and enjoyed the short respite and great food.)

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

super super cute!

i can't remember the last time i saw one of those turquoise trivial pursuit boxes. was that the junior edition?
ah, who cares.
it's all about you guys today. happy anniversary! hope your rump hangs tight.

that came out so wrong.

Jhona O. said...

I know it's late but Happy Anniversary!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I think Doug and I might actually get to have our anniversary together this year! It's our ten year too and I want to plan something special. I'm praying for you! I'm so happy for you and Dave that I have a tear in my eye!!! It's wonderful to have our great husbands by our sides during these wonderful, painful, life-changing, beautiful moments. Love ya!