Sunday, April 6, 2008

35 Reasons to Celebrate

Here I am 34 years ago at my 1st birthday party...

One of my favorite movies is 13 going on 30. The main character wishes on her birthday that she was turning "30, Flirty, and Thriving." So I've been thinking about what words describe 35 for me right now... well, I'm "35, Pregnant and Thankful." So, it's not very clever or catchy, but it is real. I thought I'd just make a list of 35 thinks I'm thankful for as I am truly feeling blessed (and incredibly, uncomfortably, pregnant.)






35 Things I'm Thankful for at Age 35

true friends, the kind that don't come along often, so you treasure them for life
Sonic slushes and cream slushes
Spring sunshine
a happy childhood to remember fondly
a loving, patient, thoughtful husband
three amazing and brilliant children
the incredible opportunity to have one more!
Cadbury chocolate
mexican food
the most kind and generous parents
an awesome extended family (I love that my kids get to know both their grandparents
on both sides of the family.)
siblings that are my friends and their families- sis in laws, neices and nephew
Dr Scholls sandals
Diet Cherry 7 up
Olivia's spunk and enthusiasm
Paul's spontaneous hugs and curiosity
all the cute things Faith says
the scriptures and the fact that we are finally having success reading together as a
family
the dishwasher
a good mind that allows me to read and learn
good health
inspiring artists
my camera
the necessities of life- house, food, clothes
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Joseph Smith and the early saints who sacrificed much to bless future generations
with gospel truths
photoshop
the computer
a soft bed to sleep in
friendly people in our Branch at church
a neighborhood full of children for my children to play with
tulips
prozac
a merciful Heavenly Father
the Savior, Jesus Christ

Whew...that's a lot, huh? Seeing that long list makes me feel...old! Ha!

Here is a picture of one of my tween birthday parties... (I tried to count the candles and my best guess is 9 or 10- That's me in the red shirt in middle behind the cake.)

I am blessed and am so grateful for the wonderful people who have made my life a happy one. Thank you family and friends! Here's a parting shot- Dave was a sport and took some maternity shots for me. I must say the angle just doesn't capture how very pregnant I am, but if it did I would probably hate it, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look amazing! April is a big month in you're household huh? Happy birthday to both you and you're dad. Take care!

Jhona O. said...

Happy, happy Birthday Clair! You look so beautiful and definately very pregnant:) I had to wipe away a few tears reading about you and your dad and then listening to your cutie pie sing...you are so blessed to have a wonderful, loving, caring, fun and kind father. Thank you for sharing him with us for a moment!

Celebrate!
Jhona

the wrath of khandrea said...

YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! sorry i'm a day late. mika has informed me that if video games are off limits for sunday activities, blogging should be as well.
darn kids.

i want pictures! i want details! i hope it was really super. you deserve it!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember that birthday party!!! I remember it was storming and Marci was a little baby and we got chocolate bunnies for party favors!! I laughed so hard when I saw that picture. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad we have stayed so close through the years.