Usually when Dave talks about going camping, I envision a relaxing evening at home with the "baby" while he roughs it outdoors with the big kids. Well, Seth isn't much of a baby anymore, and I know I should get "out there" and make some memories, so during Spring Break we ALL went camping.
On our way to the campgroup, Faith sang roughly to the tune of Yankee Doodle- "Once we went camping and mommy came along. We were so surprised we had to sing a song..."
I hesitate to include a description of the campground for fear of spawing uncontrollabe laughter. Keep in mind that it was a half step up from the backyard. We actually drove all of 5ish miles to an "RV/camping" lot which was right off the highway. The constant traffic close by made for some good white noise during the night. We were the only tent campers. If you looked to one side of us, you could pretend you were out in the wild. But looking to the other you were quickly reminded that you were no where near being "alone with nature." I can't complain about the bathrooms just a few yards away though.
We got there around 5 pm, set up camp, had lukewarm hot dogs and some pretty good s'mores. The night was long. We each had a pool mattress to sleep on and mine had some issues remaining inflated. I was very tempted to drive home, get some sleep, and come back in the morning to pick up the gang. But I endured. We had some good family time and it was a good taste of camping without being too much.
This is where I was going to put photos of the adventure. I thought I had them included but apparently they did not save. And since I lost most of my pics-- I've got nothin.
1 comment:
love it, we went camping during spring break as well; except I got to go home b/c I got called in to work, so sad... We are going to try it again in a few weeks so I can sleep out under the stars as well! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment