
Seth had an eventful birthday and we were so happy to celebrate his sweet life! Seth is all about Cars and Buzz & Woody and, most recently, Superman. I find it so funny that he has picked up on his nickname and started to refer to himself as "Sethy Poo." Everything is HIS, and he loves to be a helper. He has the best facial expressions and loves to make us laugh!
We were at Grandma and Papa G's on the day of his birthday. In the morning we went to an Easter Parade where Seth practiced showing how old he is.


Then we grabbed Subway for a picnic at the park with Janet and crew. Unknown to us, the town was having an Easter Egg hunt at the park so we grabbed our baskets from the back of the car (how convenient!) and stuck around for that. I was excited to find out that the Easter Bunny was a former classmate of mine, so it was fun to see the kids pose with him. :)

We snuck in a short nap before Aunt Sara and Uncle Andy and offspring (cousins!)arrived and then it was party time.

After Olivia played with matches... I mean lit the cake and subsequently blew out the candles when she blew out the match, we re-lit so Seth could have a chance to make a wish. I'm sure he was wishing he could grab all those Toy Story figures off the cake and play with them right away.

Dear Seth,
You are such a sweetheart! On this birthday we are truly grateful for your life and health. People often ask how you are doing because they remember your broken leg and the trauma that ensued. I am always happy to report that you have completely recovered and are a happy, active little boy.
I will never forget the long suffering you demonstrated during your hospital stay and the 6 weeks in the Spica cast. Truly, we all marveled at what a good disposition you had through the entire ordeal. You were so humble and would often say "thank you" for the help you received. I believe we got a glimpse at a valuable part of your character that will serve you well as you grow.
Thanks for being the baby sunshine that you are to our family. We all adore you and can't get enough of your attention.
I love spending my days with you. You are so cute as you'll be playing quietly with your cars or another toy and then all of a sudden get a burst of boy energy where you need to get rough and crash or throw a few punches or something. You are really good at being a "Super Hungry Dinosaur."
On Sunday I was wearing a new dress, and as I was getting you a drink you said, "Mama, I like your pretty dress!" I love your hugs and when you grab my cheeks in your little hands and we look at each other. I am in love!
Have a wonderful 4th year, sweet Buddy!
Love,
Mom
2 comments:
Such a sweet post straight from a beautiful Mama's heart! He is such a beautiful boy. All of your children are. Thank you for the encouraging comment you left on my post the other day:) It warmed my heart! I hope that, one day, the rest of our family will get to meet the rest of yours! Have a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday! Such a cutie! Gotta know who the Easter Bunny was?!
Post a Comment