Sunday, April 10, 2011

Simple Things Sunday {22}



On my birthday, Dave surprised me with my all time favorite dessert ever- carrot cake! It's funny because I had thought about requesting a piece of carrot cake for my birthday, but I realized how inconvenient it would be to get one so I didn't. But my sweet husband made the long drive to get me a $5 slice of delicious carrot cake on his way home from work. He loves me!

"Thanks, Dave! You're the MAN!"

Did you see how many layers that thing has? :)

What simple thing made you happy this week? Share a photo with Rebecca at

6 comments:

sarah said...

um, yes please! thats looks delish!!! :) hope your bday was great!

Unknown said...

that looks amazing! carrot cake is definitely one of my top 5 desserts! happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is my favourite too and your slice looks divine! Good man, Dave!

Laurie said...

Happy birthday! And it looks like you had a very happy one...carrot-cake-wise, at least. :) The layers are truly amazing...I wonder how long it took to bake? :D The photo makes me want some.

Melanie said...

Yes! Carrot cake is so yummy! Love how you positioned the fork for the photo. Hope the birthday was as good as the cake. (Way to go, Dave!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Clair!!! I'm glad I missed your birthday, not because I'm mean but because I would have stolen your piece of cake! YUMMMY!!!