I have had a few days in a row being pain free. Just when I was beginning to doubt that I would ever recover from the hernia surgery, I did. I'm giving myself one more week for good measure before I start my intensive workouts :) again.
April brings many reasons to celebrate. First, is Dave and my wedding anniversary which is today! This picture shows us ready to drive away from our reception and begin life as Mr. and Mrs. But first, a quick drive through the car wash to free it from the cake that toppled before anyone could eat it. A few special, resourceful people smeared it all over Dave's Chevy S-10. (Don't worry there was one steady cake layer that was enjoyed by all.)

Let's see... What's on the celebratory agenda today? General Conference and pigs in a blanket. "Happy 13th, Love!"
My birthday is Wednesday and it may prove to be as exciting as the anniversary. Wednesday I'll be eating in the elementary school cafeteria with my youngest three. I don't think they ever serve pigs in a blanket, though I may wish they did. Would it be appropriate for me to bring in some Mexican take out? Wednesday night brings a rushed dinner followed by Cub Scouts and Activity Girls. (Tuesday and Thursday are soccer practice nights.) Maybe I can ask for a little attention on Friday?!
No presents are being anticipated since I specifically said "I don't want any presents this year." Hmmm... did I really title this post "Happy Day?"
Well, I really am grateful to be married to a man with a heart of gold who apparently has secretly worn rose colored contacts for at least 13 1/2 years. And I'm glad to be alive to experience the beauties of this earth and the love of friends and family as my 38th birthday rolls around. I'm thankful for the many wonderful people who have been bright spots during those 38 years.
So, a happy day indeed!
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear your starting to feel better. Happy Anniversary--the time goes by so quickly. And Happy Birthday this week too! xoxo
i laughed about your wednesday birthday. mine looked exactly the same last week. do moms really get to celebrate birthdays on a school night??
the weekend was great though. no presents... -giggle giggle- you're so wrong.
Post a Comment