Saturday, February 14, 2009

To Love a Soldier



On this Valentine's Day, may we all remember the great sacrifice of our military and their families.

In November, I was honored to take homecoming pictures for my friend Alyssa and her husband John. After a soldier serves overseas for a year or more, the homecoming is the blessed day that all families look forward to. I was happy to be a part of the excitement and joy in the room as our brave soldiers returned to the arms of their loved ones on this special day.

To me, these pictures celebrate the love and loyalty of the military family and the dedication of the brave soldiers who keep us free. Thank you John and Alyssa. Thank you to all who serve and sacrifice and love.














And to my soldier and forever valentine who I fell in love with 11 years ago and who will always be my hero-- I love you, Dave!




Make your own hearts here. Thanks, Robyn!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

What sweet pictures! That's a great idea to have you there :) Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that, haha!

the wrath of khandrea said...

crying all over the place, thank you very much.

you captured the moment beautifully. congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos!

buttercup said...

Love the heart ;) and love our soldiers! Great post and pictures Clair!

Linda said...

This is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. I remember homecomings with my Dad, my sweetheart Bill and also when Doug returned from Iraq a few years ago. It is such a special time.

Clair you captured amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Ella said...

Those are great pictures! Having never been to a homecoming myself, even I was getting teary! Great capture of emotions.