
Paul turned 8 on Wednesday, Jan 28th which ended up being no-school day due to snow. It was a bummer that his first day for Cub Scouts was cancelled (and boy was Dave bummed!) Paul was going to wear his new uniform and take cupcakes to share and have his interview with the Bishop for baptism. Since that didn't happen, we made the best of the day and let him open a couple of presents and made cupcakes that we shared with a few neighborhood children. Then, today we celebrated with a bowling party and enjoyed a good turnout with a few boys from school, a couple from church, and a couple from the neighborhood. Paul had a lot of fun but he kept asking when it was time for the cake. He loves cake! And I'm sure he was anxious to get to the presents too.
Paul is quite the character. Some things he LOVES, and some he HATES. So here goes Paul's love and hate list at age 8:
Paul LOVES math! He does his daily math homework right away when he gets home from school and he whips it out in no time flat.
Paul HATES writing! His worst part of the school day has to be "journal" time with "Free Choice Friday" being a nightmare.
Paul LOVES to play games of all kinds- wii sport games, avatar for the wii, computer games like Poptropica and Webkinz, board games like Sorry, chess, and Clue.
Paul HATES when his trampoline space and time is cramped when too many little neighbors try to join the fun. He tries to eliminate them by harassing them with jumps and kicks that are a bit too close for comfort. Little one's are always tattling on the resident bully.
Paul LOVES shake-n-bake chicken, hot dogs, chicken quesadillas, and Papa John's cheese pizza.
Paul HATES almost any other meat that I make for dinner, vegetables, and all other brands of pizza.
Paul LOVES to get a rise out of his sisters by doing things like burping, eating loudly, saying the word "poop," and getting a good poke or jab in now and then.
Paul HATES it when his sisters sing in the car or do some pestering of their own.
We LOVE Paul and HATE that he is growing so fast, but we look forward to all this clever and loving boy has ahead of him.
When trying to take the first picture of Paul bowling he said to me "No pictures today Mom!" I'm sure that translates to "Mom, can't you at least leave me alone on my birthday?" No, I cannot, so here are a few photos from the party.



5 comments:
I figured the birthday post would be coming this weekend too, Happy birthday Paul!!! And I have to add Seth's eyes are beautiful, he always looks like such a happy 'little' baby! :)
Happy Birthday Paul! Bowling sounds fun!!! We love learning more about Paul!!!
happy birthday!
did you know that i was paul's ctr 5 teacher? i cant believe he is the crazy 8! i'm old!
hoping that great memories were made this year and every year!
I looked at that picture of Paul with the big smile on his face, the second from last picture, and all I could think of was wow, he really looks like you Clair!
Happy Birthday Paul! I can't believe he's 8! Very fun post.
Post a Comment