Oh yes, she did!
I came up with 100 things about me that you may or may not know and that you may or may not WANT to know. I thought I'd document them for... er...uh... posterity's sake (and for the lack of not having anything else to blog about.) I found that it's really quite easy to talk about yourself.

my full name is clarissa
i have spelled my nickname many ways- clare- claire-and now clair
i don't have a middle name
i like using my maiden name as a middle name- it's a way to show i'm proud of where i came from without using a hyphen which is too feminist for me
i have 4 amazing children
women would fight over my husband if I wasn't married to him
i am 35
i am 5' 9"
my once perfectly sized 8 1/2 feet are now a whopping size 10
there is no way I'm posting my weight
one of my favorite places is the library
i love to swim and am working on getting child care so I can do it once a week
i love photography and get so excited when I look at my pictures and find "the one!"
my favorite all time painting is the watercolor Evening Star, III by Georgia O'Keeffe.
i love the smell of vanilla
i like to add extra lemon and/or lime to lemon-lime soda
i love to laugh
i need naps
i wear black and brown a lot
i like earrings with just a little dangle
i have no interest in sewing, gardening, or gourmet cooking though i admire those who are good at these things
i am about to quit scrapbooking and just go all blog
i make mountains out of molehills, especially when I've forgotten to take my prozac for a couple of days
i want to make a wall of children's portraits including all my nieces and nephews
i am not a good disciplinarian by nature but am working on it
in my young adult years i loved teaching swimming lessons and saw success
i taught art in a jr high for two years and hope to never do that again
if i ever go back to teaching (which I doubt) i will aim for younger or older kids
i taught "gifted" classes for one year part time at a jr/sr high and liked it
it takes me awhile to make friends, so i really treasure them
i wish i lived closer to my family
i served a full-time mission in Salt Lake City (not temple square)
i used to love flipping through catalogs but now i just throw them away
in high school i would paint my nails once a week, now I paint my toenails once a month and don't bother with the fingernails
i love to be around funny people
when I laugh too hard i pee my pants
i love reading with my children
i like having a cat now and it reminds me of my childhood friend Muffin
i love icy drinks like slushes and smoothies
i love mexican food
i love easter- the celebration of Christ's resurrection, the Spring weather, the Cadbury candy
fall fondly reminds me of falling in love with my husband
i mostly listen to country music
i like to watch "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" with my family
i like to watch chick flicks by myself
i try to do a load of laundry every day
i prefer slip-on shoes
i love seeing what my kids come up with when they play together (recently they each made a collar for a stuffed animal and made a list of what each eats for breakfast, snacks, and dinner)
i really like mustard and always prefer it to ketchup
i check my email/google reader at least 5 times a day (unless I'm not home)
i hope to visit Germany one day with my husband
i hope to take the kids on a "real" vacation someday- Disneyland and the beach
i like to sing my kids to sleep (when I don't fall asleep first)
i love capris
i love hot pink and yellow roses because they remind me of my wedding day
i love babies dressed in light yellow
i love hugging my kids when they are fresh and clean out of the tub (and at other times too)
i try to be organized and stick to daily routines and schedules
i'm not one to babysit a lot of kids (I can barely handle my own)
i used to love rollerskating and my mom made me a shiny red skating dress (think 6th grade and the Go-Go's "We Got the Beat.")
i went to byu
i spent my freshmen year in Helaman Halls and the rest in Raintree Apartments
i majored in art education
i though i'd marry someone "artsy" like a photographer, musician or an architect
the lord had other plans for me and I happily married a soldier
i broke my arm when i was five (fell from the monkey bars at school)
i had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was about 11
i had some sort of orthodontic appliance or braces in my mouth from 2nd grade to my sophomore year
i fractured my elbow when i was 21 (skating backwards and ran into a ramp i didn't know was there)
i broke my foot when i was 33 (skipped the last few steps when walking downstairs)
in the pre-teen years i seemed to be "not quite good enough" being the 7th person in
a musical sextet and the "alternate" for cheerleading
i waste time on the computer surfing the net, reading entertainment gossip, and
writing 100 things about myself
it took me awhile to catch on to making pancakes but I have it down to an art now
when i was little i wanted to be a dolphin trainer when i grew up
i like the actor mark ruffalo from 13 going on 30 and just like heaven (wish I could see more of his movies but many are rated R)
i used to have crushes on ricky shroeder, bo duke, eric estrada (C.H.I.P.S), and
billy hufsey (FAME)
i once made up a dance routine to Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" with a childhood friend
cheerleading camp with my bff Janet was one of the funnest times ever (not the cheerleading part)
i like lima beans
i don't like heights
i had a drawing of a bear published in the friend magazine when i was four (i really wanted to submit a drawing of snuffleupagus but it didn't turn out)
i had 15 seconds of fame on the "60 minutes" show where Mike Wallace interviewed President Hinckley (I was a SLC missionary)
i love virgin pina colodas, chips and salsa and guacamole
i like toffee stuff- heath bars, ice cream
i rarely iron anything
i wear make-up on Sundays to church but during the rest of the week it's optional
i should be wearing make up to cover my under-eye circles and my pregnancy mask (melasma) which should have faded by now
i have seasonal allergies
i sometimes speak too soon
i am doing better at not yelling
i like to watch american idol
i think everybody loves raymond is hilarious
i need to buy some new shoes
i am so lucky in love (now, certainly not during the high school and college years)
if i had one more daughter i'd name her camilla or anna
i am most likely done having kids
i am savoring seth's babyhood and feel so grateful that he is a part of our family
my favorite musical artist is martina mcbride
my hubby and i have been married for ten years
i need to get off the computer and pick faith up at the bus stop
6 comments:
I liked ready that Clair! So fun. By the way... you handle your kids 100x better and with a lots more patients than I do.
I can't believe you don't keep your nails painted now... I don't wonder why however, kids, dishwater, the like. I always envied not only your nails, but the way you maintained them. I must say Delaney keeps hers polished more than mine. This gives me an idea for a post. But I'm so behind! Have a great day!
so the "if i had a girl" thing... is that an announcement?
I loved reading that! And I thought wow...if I were to write a hundreds list it would seem I copied some of yours...more than some LOTS:) It was fun getting to know you a little more through this:) How fun! Maybe we should all make a hundreds list...especially to pull out when one of your kids tells you that you are boring! YOU are so NOT boring;) Love ya!
That was fun. Was it hard to come up with? I think I learned quite a few new things but not enough that it made me feel like a bad sister.
I can't believe how many things we have in common I guess that's why we will be best frieds forever!!!!! Now I do have one concern, "in the pre-teen years i seemed to be "not quite good enough" being the 7th person in
a musical sextet and the "alternate" for cheerleading" Clair, they were grooming you to be co-captian of the varsity squad!! Seemed like we were the queens of the "alternate position" me being the alternate for Girls State and cheerleading too. Charli just asked me if I had ever pulled a muscle I told her only once at cheerleading camp with you when I laughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my rib! Miss those days! I'm disappointed to see you didn't include you used to play the tennis racquet to rock music.
Post a Comment