She was up very early and I finally told her she could get go ahead and get dressed if she wanted to. She dressed at about 5:30 am and I was able to talk her into going back to bed after that. So, I'm thinking she's all excited.

We go to the bus stop and as that bus rolls in any excitement changes to panic. I was poised and ready for a "getting on the bus photo" when I realize that Faith is not getting on the bus, she is coming straight towards me with a look of distress on her face.
I was totally not expecting her to not want to get on the bus! I ran through options in my head and there were none. I had no car to take her to school, she had to get on this bus. So I got on with her and tried to console her by showing her she could sit right next to a neighbor boy that she knew well. This didn't help and I had to leave her in the hands of Mr. Joe the bus helper. The bus driver assured me that they always have a few unenthusiastic little riders. She also told me it was best that I just go- "Get out already! I've got a bus route to finish!"- because as long as I lingered, Faith would keep crying. I knew that was true and got off the bus and hoped and prayed for the best.
(I'm sure my mom and dad are having flashbacks, though I'm afraid I was a bit more dramatic. I remember hiding under the kitchen table even before the bus was in site, and I know my dad took at least one bus ride with me. Thanks Dad!)
So I had to get my bus picture on her return home.

I was happy to see a smiling face and even happier when she declaired, "It was fun!!!" She had lots to say about the activities today- playing with sand, singing, reading a little book, a "homework" assignment- and went on and on when talking to Grandma G on the phone. She was also proud to report that she did not cry when boarding the bus to come home after school. Luckily, it was the big bus that was intimidating because it was so new, not school itself.
Faith will be in pre-school each morning and come home at lunchtime. That leaves this lucky mom home with this gorgeous little guy.

5 comments:
So cute as always! Enjoy the new routine.
I have always wondered what it was like to have children who didn't want to leave. Mine always want to take off at the very prospect of escaping my apparent house of horrors.
i'm with anne. they flee me at the first possible opportunity. nary a glance backward.
-sigh-
i can't believe they are already back in school! jeesh. just yesterday you were fretting about summer schedules.
glad to see you so enamoured with your bebecito. he's adorable.
That is such a sweet story. Blogs are such wonderful journals! I have never been good at keeping a journal but I am so grateful I've been writing a blog now. That's awesome you get your mornings to spend with Seth.
Faith is so beautiful!!! We miss you guys too! Aubrey is starting to act a lot like Livvy (when Livvy was little). My blog on August 7th talks about the bald spot...casualty of gum. What are you guys planning to do for Thanksgiving,Christmas, and New Years?
Post a Comment