Wednesday, August 6, 2008

School's In

So it's a wee bit quieter around the house today. Today is the first day of 2nd grade for Paul and the first day of 4th grade for Olivia.




Olivia was super nervous and excited. Yesterday, Olivia and I went by the school to find the names of the kids' teachers on a list that was posted on the front door. Olivia didn't know her teacher but recognized a few classmates. She could not sleep. She kept coming in asking what time it was- I believe it was 2am upon her first inquiry. Then I let her have my cell phone so she could see for herself. She kept waking and I finally said okay, she could get up and start getting ready if she wanted to at about 5:45 am.

Paul was also nervous but dealt with it differently. As I was tucking him into bed at night he kept pulling his blanket all the way over his head. When I asked why, he told me it was because he was scared to go to school the next day. He slept like a log, as usual. When I went to wake him at about 6:30am he sank under the covers procrastinating.

After dealing with a stray dog, we made it to school right on time. Paul was excited to see a best friend from last year in this year's class. I was able to briefly meet both teachers and then I left my big babies (I mean that with affection) in their hands. I hope they have a great day.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! The first day of school always gives me the tingles. Can't believe how early they start. I'm sure it was quiet at home today and I'm sure they'll both be talking nonstop when they get home! (Your kids are so cute!)

The Griner Family: said...

I bet you were so excited! How fun for Livvy and Paul! Any chance we will be seeing you for Labor Day?

Ella said...

The kids look so old. I like Olivia's bag. Very Livvy.

Jake said...

I have a second grader and fourth grader waiting not-so-anxiously for school to start in Sept! All these back-to-school posts have me panicking. I haven't started backpack shopping!