Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Together



"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"

Okay, this fits my sweetie and I all too well. We have a heck of a time trying to "get it together," but we make a heck of a team.

Here's to the evidence...

the times I can't find my phone
the days he forgets his lunch
my mountain of "laundry-to-be-folded"
his dirty clothes on the bedroom floor
my magazines and and kleenexes on the bedroom floor
the multiple replacements of his lost ID card
the days I assure everyone that "I am going grocery shopping tomorrow!"
his declarations of "I'm getting organized once and for all."
my declarations of "I'm losing weight once and for all."
his note to self "the dullest pencil is better than the sharpest mind."
my ever growing pile of papers to keep, but nowhere to keep them
his hours of conquering the world via computer games
the dinner dishes that sometimes greet us in the morning
the garage that begs for a space to put the car
the evenings I retire at 8 o'clock with nothing left to give


Patience, love, tolerance, forgiveness... marriage. I'm so grateful that Dave is my partner in all the challenges we face. He is just what I need and I hope I am the same to him. When times are tough we can look at each other and our amazing children and know that we are richly blessed.

(pictures taken during our reunion when Dave returned home from his deployment to Korea- the first for mid-tour in April '07 and the 2nd when it was all done a few months later in July)

1 comment:

the wrath of khandrea said...

YOU GO GIRL! your life is so real. love the kleenex and magazines on the floor... well, i mean, i don't LOVE it, but i love that you mentioned it. you guys are really cute together.