Thursday, January 10, 2008

Spa-ahh!

Livvy and I started out the new year right. On Jan 1 we redeemed gift certificates at the Spa! (Thanks Dave- what a great hubby and daddy.) Olivia was so excited and kept reminding me to make our appointments after getting our gifts on Christmas Day. I knew Livvy would love it and looked forward to this time with my, dare I say it?, "tween."

We got to sit side by side for our pedicures. Livvy kept leaning back and saying "Ah, this is nice!" After awhile she wanted to switch chairs with me because mine had a little remote that easily turned the massage mechanism off and on. But since we already had our foot cooties in the corresponding foot tubs, I figured we'd better stay put. Plus, my chair was within reaching distance of the magazines and I was enjoying reading about Carrie Underwood and other beautiful people in between guessing letters for the hangman game Livvy got going.

We talked about possibly getting Daddy a massage package, but Livvy had a better idea- we would give him a certificate that he thought was for a massage but he would later discover was for a mani/pedi. Livvy announced that she already knew the three massage techniques and that her specialty was walking on her Daddy's back.

Our pedicurist, maybe it's nail tech, had to work double time, doing both of our sorry feet because the other gal apparently took the day off- a late night new's years eve we pressume. So anyway, we had plenty of sit-and-relax-and-soak-the-feet- longer time as she went back and forth. Livvy topped off her dark purple toes with some flamingo pink fingers and we were off, feeling a little cuter than we did a couple hours before.

We took the following picture more than a week after "fresh," but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Ella said...

Clair,
I like your blog. I like that there's a good story along with the pictures. I should consider that....
Olivia is so funny. I can just picture her saying "oh this is nice." Wish I could be there. Do you know my old roommate/bridesmaid Kate? You are in her family's stake! And Kate might be moving back there in a bit and would be in your stake too! Crazy, huh?

the wrath of khandrea said...

awesome! i'll give you a hundred bucks if you can still have as great of a time doing the same thing when she's 15.
you have cute toes, by the way. and i don't say that very often, because feet repulse me.

the wrath of khandrea said...

literary genius? you are too kind. too generous. too misguided. but please, don't allow that to stop you.