I love Brandi. She was my personal trainer for just a little while (because she moved,) but she had (and continues to have) a big impact on me. Just look at what she posted tonight as her facebook status...
REMINDER: "Losing weight isn't a goal, it's an outcome!"
This journey [the goal] is about learning who you are, and loving you for you. It's about being comfortable in your own skin... every single little extra piece (totally talking to myself here...lol). Define how you feel based on what you've accomplished rather than what's ahead. I love people for who they are, not what they look like or what they have. Surround yourself with people who love you for you, pray for the others that don't, and try your best to just be you!!
Brandi is awesome. She knows what she is talking about, and I trust her because she has overcome things that I want to overcome.
I have been in a slump. I have not really cared if I exercise or not, if I eat too much or not. That is not a good place to be. Not caring (more specifically, not DOING) only feeds the "I'm not worthy" mentality and sets the vicious cycle in motion.
So, I'm praying that I WILL care more so that I will want to ACT. However, I also know that ACTING will help me care. New Biggest Loser trainer, Dolvett, said recently, "When you start to love your actions, you start to love yourself!" Makes too much sense.
It's ALL connected. When we love ourselves, we want to take care of our bodies. When we take care of our bodies, we are showing ourselves love.
And back to what Brandi said... we have to rise above the numbers on the scale and the size written on the tag of our jeans. Being healthy is sooo much bigger than that. So, I'm taking Brandi's advice and going to try to focus more on the big picture-- loving myself because of who I am and the potential God has given me. This will naturally lead me to take better care of a special girl. That care will make for a stronger, healthier body... and mind! (You know it's ALL connected :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment