Monday, October 24, 2011

Now, about Olivia...

These photos are from September. Olivia had me run into the ground one weekend when she had a middle school Masquerade Ball one night and a church talent show the next.

Here she is with some pals before the dance. Her friend's mother provided and altered the dress for her, and I dusted off my painting skills and gave the make up mask a try.





She had a blast and I got to meet one of her boy friends after the dance when I picked her up. Poor guy was having a terrible time trying to enter her # into his cell phone. Ha. Must be nerve wracking to have your crush's mother staring you down. Nah-- he was sweet, and I was too.

At the talent show, Olivia sang Martina McBride's "This One's for the Girls." Faith and several other girls joined her for dancing and singing of the chorus. They were very cute.








I was slightly stressed during this weekend but I believe Olivia enjoyed her chance to get lots of attention-- getting all dolled up for the dance and then performing for dozens of Mormons. :) Go Livvy, go!

2 comments:

Ella said...

Olivia's awesome. I love your make up mask.

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing! I love your blog! I have been reading through a few posts! You are an amazing woman and so very inspiring! You are also a great writer! I feel like I'm there in your posts as they are happening, like I know you and we're great friends! I too struggle with my weight! We will figure this out someday and be confident and happy with ourselves! You have a beautiful family! I am so glad I took the time to find your blog after coming across the awesome menu planning board that is being pinned ALL over! Prayers to you and your family!