Sunday, January 2, 2011

Simple Things Sunday {10}



What simple thing made me smile this week? Seth's extra large kool-aid smile!

The origin of my Simple Things Sunday series is Rebecca Cooper's The Simple Things Photo challenge. This is what Rebecca says about it- "All you need to do is take a photo of a simple thing or a simple moment that made you smile during the week and come back here every Sunday and share it with us! You can find all the details about the challenge here."

Why I REALLY like this challenge:

1-My photo usually ends up being either

a) a photo that would have remained on my computer because it wasn't part of something "big."

or

b) a photo that would have been posted in a series without much mention. By singling it out I end up telling a little story that would have otherwise gone untold.

and

2- It is something I can keep up with! Look at me- I've been at it 10 weeks so far! This is a nice accomplishment after my very unsuccessful try at 365 photo-a-day project last year.

and

3- Probably the most obvious reason, is that it encourages me to recognize the simple little blessings that are a part of each day.

I would love for any of my blogging friends to join!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute simple thing!

April said...

Kool aid smiles are the best! Reminds me of summer time when I was a kid.

Great shot!

rebecca said...

such a fun photo! So happy you're enjoying the simple things challenge. I am too! :) have a great week!

Deena said...

What a great picture to have as an everyday memory. Those days are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Classic!! Kids and Kool Aid smiles go hand-in-hand!! :)

Clarissa Stagg Photography said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hi"! I really appreciate it. I love your blog! <3

Anonymous said...

I had such a hard time when I tried the 365 project too! I do love Rebecca's challenge also, makes it nice and easy! :-)

julie said...

I agree with all your points...that's exactly how I feel!! I just found this photo challenge & will look forward to it every Sunday :)

LOVE your kool aid smile shot!