Thursday, August 5, 2010

To Lose and To Give

Faith lost her 2nd top tooth the night before 1st grade started. It was quite wiggly and Dave asked her to see it. I asked Faith if she wanted to go to 1st grade with one missing tooth or two missing teeth and she said "two!"



So Dave got to work...



And he worked for a while...



And then I came in and stole the glory and gave that tooth the final yank!

Once the shock wore off, Faith was all smiles.





And Faith is such a sweetie. A few days ago when I was getting ready to shop school supplies, Faith brought me the two dollors she received from the tooth fairy for top tooth number 1. She told me I could use her money if I didn't have enough! I told her I should be okay and that I'd like her to buy something fun with it. She compromised by telling me that if I ended up not needing it for school supplies, I could buy her a toy. Then, this morning she found several quarters under her pillow. It wasn't long before Paul happily said, "Mom, Faith gave me a dollar!" Thanks for being so giving, Faith. May you have all this goodness returned to you and then some!

2 comments:

VanillaDreamer said...

how sweet! She looks super cute without that tooth!

The Griner Family: said...

awe!!! we love faith!