Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Olivia is ELEVEN!



Let's see... my last four posts have been birthday related. We had moi, Seth, Faith, and now Olivia. I'm sure that one day when the kids are off to college and married that I will be sad that all I can do is send a card with some money, if we have any. But for now, these parties really wear me out.

I have to admit that I did get off easy for Olivia's this year. Olivia's friend Mady who is one day older and lives right next door had already planned a slumber part on the eve of Olivia's birthday. So rather than be redundant, I was able to talk Olivia into a night out. She chose to eat at the Olive Garden which was big girls only. Then the family joined us for the movie Marmaduke.



When we got home, which was about 9:30pm, we cut into the $29.99 nice-on-the-tastebuds/ terrible-on-the-pocketbook Dairy Queen ice cream cake and Olivia made her wishes.



This was Olivia's wish list which she kindly recorded onto my phone so I would always have it with me. (* indicates that she actually received it.) *Mannequin dolls to draw with, air dray clay, ipad, pop up for softballs, puppy, LPS, pimp (that's puppies in my pocket, people) webkinz, *art supplies, porcelain dolls, art easel, *canvas, wandarama (?), and a turtle. She also got a spa certificate and we are anxiously awaiting some Rick Riordan books in the mail.

This is Mady who joined us for the special night out. She is filling in MadLibs which helped fill any dead time. We especially loved the one about the Cover Girl who wore high heeled toilet seats!



(side note- Seth loves Mady. He even says her name though his siblings' names have yet to come.)



Dear Olivia,

Your daddy has told you many, many times to "stop growing!" but you will not listen. You are a beautiful young lady and while I don't like seeing my little girl disappear, I do love seeing you blossom and I look forward to us becoming better and better friends.

Please don't ask me again if you can wear mascara. Those big brown eyes are quite the attention getters already. Lip gloss and an occasional dusting of powder is all I can allow. Shaving your legs?! Ugh... I just don't know about that, I mean, your legs hairs aren't THAT dark. And no, you may not go ride your bike to the shoppette by yourself to buy some donuts. I'm just not ready for that yet. Please understand.

Olivia you are so creative and a wonderful leader. I love seeing you take on a project from your own ideas and see you work diligently to complete it. I think JunkBot was one of the best inventions you made this year. You are a very good leader and teacher as well. I love to see you take the lead and you are very sweet to help little children like you do in Primary and like you did at Faith's birthday party.

Now... about that temper... well, we shall save that for another day.

I love you, my butterfly.
Mom






May all your dreams come true!

2 comments:

Ella said...

So sweet. Olivia's awesome. And I'm sure I'm totally biased but I feel like I'm looking at my own photo album when I look at Livvy!! Does she look like me or what?

VanillaDreamer said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!!!