
The kids and I enjoyed celebrating Dave today. We served him breakfast in bed and then he opened a myriad of presents before he had to rush out the door to early church meetings. I tried a new crock pot recipe that I thought he would like (peppercorn steak) and it was a hit. This evening Dave even smiled about the less than solid Hershey Bar pie that Olivia and I made.
I'm so grateful that my children have such a fun and loving Dad. Dave works hard for us and does everything he can to make his family safe and happy. We are blessed.
These pictures were taken a couple of days ago when Dave jumped in the backyard pool with the littlest ones. I thought they made a good visual of Dave as a daddy.
Surely fatherhood is painful at times, like a close range squirt of water right in the eye... (Things are not as they appear. Faith is the actual perpetrator.)

And parenthood surely finds you wallowing in the mud from time to time. But Dave is one to keep a smile on his face.

But mostly, being a dad is love and fun and happiness...




Dave,
We love you and treasure your love for us as one of God's choicest blessings!
Clair, Livvy, Paul, Faith and Seth
1 comment:
I have to say, I love Seth's pink water-wings! Isn't it nice to have a husband that takes the time to play with the kids?
Post a Comment